The hard water is a type of water that is characterized by a high level of minerals that are responsible for leaving white spots or brown in many glass surfaces of our home. These are quite difficult to remove and, therefore, it is necessary to be aware of some useful tips to help us eliminate them completely and keep all spaces always clean. If you have tried everything and cannot find the formula to remove water stains from glass, either from glass doors or windows or from bathroom mirrors, do not hesitate, to put our tips to the test.
Steps to follow:
- One of the best natural alternatives to remove water stains from glass is to make use of the following mixture of white vinegar and lemon juice . You just have to mix these two ingredients in equal parts and apply the solution directly on the stains with the help of a soft sponge or a dry cloth. The acid in both the vinegar and the lemon will make hard water deposits disappear more easily.
- Another way to remove these hard water stains without resorting to abrasive products is to try a mixture of baking soda and hot water. Add about two tablespoons of bicarbonate to a glass of hot water, mix and apply the resulting paste on the stained glass with the help of a sponge and using circular movements. Let it sit for about 15 minutes and dry with a soft, clean cloth.
- It is also possible to use cleaners that contain phosphoric acid, hydrochloric acid or sulfuric acid in their formula. All three are very strong and aggressive acids, so when using them, it will be essential to protect yourself well with a mask and gloves. The result will be excellent, since these components can completely eliminate this type of stain.
- Once you have removed all the water stains, we advise you to perfect it by applying a glass cleaner. Remember that it is essential to use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth for the final result to be impeccable. In addition, you can make use of specific tools for cleaning windows such as so-called rackets.
- With these simple steps, your glass will be completely clean without those unsightly hard water stains.
- Shower doors should be dried after each use to prevent build-up.
- Do not use sandpaper to try to remove hard water stains. This can scratch the surface of the glass, ruining it.